Important: The recommended adjustment is best done with the app-update to version 2.19. If the voucher is adjusted before and used with an older app-version, some inconsistencies might occur.
The following settings need to be applied to correctly use vouchers in version 2.19 and beyond.
Voucher-Articles (with QR-Code)
Voucher-Articles (without QR-Code)
Login to the GASTROFIX Cloud
Login to the GASTROFIX Cloud
The Article Type for an article can be adjusted in the Gastrofix Cloud under Master Data → Article → Article-Type):
Voucher-Articles already sold with tax-applied
If voucher-articles were already sold with taxes applied (VAT, etc.), please contact your tax advisor and note the following information!
If vouchers (with or without QR-Code) are sold, it is recommended to apply tax during use. This is the case, as vouchers are considered a trade between one form of payment (money) and another (voucher). This is true under German tax law and should be kept in mind for all subsequent changes/uses of vouchers. To learn more about vouchers and the correct setup, please read the following articles.
- Create an article-group 'Vouchers', with VAT-Rates of 0% In-House & To-Go
- Search for the voucher-article
- Change the article-group to 'Vouchers'
- Check if all payment-methods are turnover-relevant
Follow the steps outlined earlier in this article and everything should be setup correctly. However, please note the following conditions:
What happens with vouchers that were sold with tax-applied?
- Contact your tax-advisor and agree on the correct setup!
- Survey the amount that was accumulated with vouchers sold with tax-applied
- Create a new payment-method ‘Old Vouchers’ This allows your tax-advisor to correctly identify and manage vouchers with tax-applied
- After the amount of money that was sold with tax-applied is reached, change the voucher-articles as outlined above
If it is desired to sell vouchers with taxes applied, please follow these steps:
- The GASTROFIX Voucher Management (with QR-Code) cannot be used.
- Adjust the payment-methods as mentioned earlier in the article.
- Contact your tax-advisor to avoid paying double-tax!
In general, always contact your tax-advisor and consult how to best implement changes in your GASTROFIX Cloud!
New Z-Report with Voucher-Articles
After you changed the article-type, vouchers will be displayed in different sections of the Z-Report. The example of a German Z-Report, should illlustrate the changes. For an example of an English Z-Report, see this article.
Important: Voucher sales are only relevant for the amount of cash in the register, if the voucher was paid by cash!
Please Note: Besides the required changes, the following restrictions will also apply with the upcoming App Store Version:
- Vouchers can only be sold separately. It won’t be possible to finalize a bill that has open positions with a voucher article and other articles. In this case the vouchers must be paid separately from remaining articles.
- Corrections of a transactions with a voucher article can only happen on the same business day on which they have been opened.
- If a voucher is sold with the payment method debitor, a correction has to take place in subsequent financial accounting.
Learn more about the GASTROFIX Voucher-Management in this article.