The new Z-Report, which will be available for all customers with the upcoming version 2.19, requires minor adjustments to the setup of voucher articles.
This applies both to customers who use vouchers via the Voucher Management (with QR-Code), as well as customers who use vouchers without Voucher Management.
Important: The recommended adjustment is best done after the app-update to version 2.19. If the voucher is adjusted before and used with an older app-version, some inconsistencies might occur.
These adjustments are necessary to display vouchers on the Z-Report and create correct transaction data for bookkeeping. To achieve this, a new Article-Type is necessary, which has to be used for vouchers. This is the only way for the system to recognize vouchers and display them in the correct section of the Z-Report.
In the upcoming days, two of these Article-Types will be automatically added to all businesses on the GASTROFIX-Cloud. They will use the following designations:
- “GSF-Verkauf” (“Gutschein-Feature-Verkauf”, in English: “Voucher-Feature-Sale” )
- This article type uses the type “Free Price” and needs to be used if vouchers are sold with the “Creditor”-Feature. It is also possible to use the Article-Type for dynamic vouchers - without the Creditor Feature.
- “GS-Verkauf” (“Gutschein-Verkauf”, in English: Voucher Sale)
- This article type uses a “fixed price” and can be used if vouchers are used without the “Creditor”-Feature.
The Article Type for an article can be adjusted in the Gastrofix Cloud under Master Data → Article → Article-Type):
Besides the change of the Article Type, we suggest the following setup for voucher articles:
- The voucher articles should use a separate Article-Group for clear identification.
- The Article Group from the voucher should use separate 0% tax rates.
Besides the required changes, the following restrictions will also apply with the upcoming App Store Version:
- Vouchers can only be sold separately. It won’t be possible to finalize a bill that has open positions with a voucher article and other articles. In this case the vouchers must be paid separately from remaining articles.
- Corrections of a transactions with a voucher article can only happen on the same business day on which they have been opened.
- If a voucher is sold with the payment method debitor, a correction has to take place in subsequent financial accounting.
After you changed the article-type, vouchers will be displayed in different sections of the Z-Report. The example of a German Z-Report, should illlustrate the changes. For an example of an English Z-Report, see this article.