The following article explains the basics of the GASTROFIX cash book. The cash book is a tool in form of a journal. It contains all transactions that involve cash (Funds receipts, disbursements, pickups, loans) in your business.
To activate the feature contact the GASTROFIX Team.
According to § 146 AO (German law) every company that performs cash transactions is obliged to keep a cash book. From a legal point of view, all income and expenses must be recorded daily. In addition, all transactions must be saved in a format that cannot be subsequently modified.
Performing a cash check is possible with the GASTROFIX app and is defined as the X-report from an employee or business. The advantages of the Cash Book in the GASTROFIX App are:
- Digitalization of cash accounting
- Backup of all data in the cloud
- Improved Usability
The cash book in the GASTROFIX app uses the following terms:
- Loan: Cash transfer from a safe to a cash drawer or wallet inside a business. Example: Deposit change at the beginning of the business day.
- Pickup: Cash Transfer from a cash drawer / wallet to the safe. Example: Emptying the cash drawer at the end of the business day.
- Funds Receipt: Transfer to the cash drawer / wallet.
Example: Income from a children’s carousel.
- Disbursements: Transfer from the cash drawer / wallet.
Example: Expenses for cleaning supplies.
Cash Book Structure
Ideally, the cash book should be used according to the structure described in the following articles. When the feature is activated, a safe user is automatically added. The safe user can neither be duplicated nor deactivated, as it is an essential part of the cash book.
If you have considered your options and want to start using the cash book, just follow these articles.